My quest to create decadent but healthy treats continues with this Granola & Fruit Salad recipe, a perfect combination of sweet and healthy.
- Fruits are high in Vitamins and anti-oxidants that help build your immune system.
- Chocolate containing over 70% cocoa is good for you, it lowers blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Granola is low in cholesterol and sodium and is a good source of fiber.
So this dessert wins the trifecta.
The list is endless, more information about the fruit you consume and their benefits can be found here.
This yummy bowl of goodness serves 2.
- 2 bananas
- 8 strawberries
- 1/2 cup blue berries
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- Godiva Dark Chocolate with almonds (or any other dark chocolate) 4 pieces
- Nature Valley Oats and Honey granola bar
- Wash all fruit in cold water, except bananas.
- Dice all fruit and mix in a bowl.
- Squeeze juice of half an orange and honey into the bowl and mix.
- Break up chocolate into pieces inside the bowl and top off with crumbled granola.