Sometimes you just want something quick, satisfying and preferably worthy of a 5 star restaurant. Eggs will do that – ten fold! Tonight I was lazy, tired, just run down. Needed a pick me up and this lightly fried egg recipe hit all the right spots. Very impromptu, my measurements are for one, so double as needed depending on how many people you make this for. It has only 4 main ingredients. Make this for breakfast, lunch or dinner and serve with toasted pita bread or whole wheat.
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe tomato (vine if available)
- 5 basil leaves (or as desired)
- 3 tablespoons of grated gouda cheese ( parmesan or irish as an alternative or any cheese you have on hand)
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Lightly oil frying pan with olive oil, as oil sizzles add chopped tomatoes
- Turn for 2 minutes, spread on pan in one layer and add eggs
- Using a spatula lightly pick around the edges of egg mixture
- Add salt,pepper & cheese, cover and let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes on low heat, depending on if you want you eggs runny or firm.
- Remove cover, use spatula to transfer eggs to plate
- Granish heavily with basil
- eggs – 180 cal
- tomato – 22 cal
- basil – 0 cal
- gouda cheese – 50 cal
Total = 252 calories
It’s low and in calorie, full of all that good stuff to make keep you kicking and screaming until your retirement home days. I am inching closer to that every day. Eating healthy never looked and tasted so darn good.