Family get togethers are usually in my opinion divided into two categories. 1- the dreaded family talk ; 2 – the obligatory family visit. It’s usually a time when feelings fester on the surface, sibling rivalry sometimes rears it’s ugly head but all in all, it’s always a jolly good time for all.
We cook and fight together; a sort of ode to the family dynamic with a hint of dysfunction now and then. One thing that does bind us is food, lots of it.
My sister Lynnes’ Bowtie Pasta and Tuna recipe is simple, refreshing and you can whip it up in less than 30 minutes. She originally adapted the recipe from allrecipes.com. Her recipe is tart, sweet and low in calorie. I love my sister Lynne and her pasta salad too!
- I box of Bowtie pasta
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 stalks of celery
- 2 cups of black olives
- 2 cups of tuna (canned or jarred varietes will do)
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
Total Cooking time (15 minutes) Serves 4
- Boil bowtie pasta as per instructions on the box
- Sautee onions and celery in olive oil for about 3 to 5 minutes until transparent
- Drain canned tuna and add vinegar, let it sit for about 5 minutes
- Section olives in half if they are whole
- After pasta is cooked, drain and add mayonnaise
- Add, salt and pepper, olives
- Mix it all together, red onions going in last minute.
- Refrigerate for about an hour or more allowing flavours to incooperate.
- Serve cool or at room temperature and garnish with parsley
Happy eating ya’ll! This is one of many family staple recipes I will feature on the blog. Enjoy, feedback appreciated